Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Prince Harry

Can you believe we saw Prince Harry yesterday? We were walking around Buckingham Palace where the royal family lives. We saw a small group of people looking down a guarded road, so like the tourists we are, we looked too! We saw 2 Bobbys, the policemen in black uniforms, standing in the road with guards, in red uniforms with black fuzzy hats, on each side of the road. Looking down the road, we saw 3 policemen on motorcycles. Soon, the Bobbys let down the chain that was across the road and stepped aside while the guards stood at attention. Suddenly, the police on motorcycles zoomed out followed by a beautiful blue Jaguar car which carried Prince Harry in the back seat. A Range Rover SUV followed with flashing lights. I couldn't help but wonder where he was going. Maybe he had an important meeting or was just going to visit some friends. A lot of work goes into protecting Prince Harry.
Lucky for us, I took a video of this, so I'll put it online when I can. I can't wait to watch it again!

Blayne asked me if the guards ever moved and they do. I have another video of that. I still haven't gotten an answer for you on why they wear the fuzzy hats. I guess it's always been a part of their uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment