Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting Here

Hello from London, England!

I'm here and it's wonderful! Boy I'm glad I wore my comfortable yoga pants because it took a long time. There was a little change in getting here because of a plane that was delayed. Instead of going through Montreal,Canada, they sent me through Toronto,Canada. Either way, that was cool because I've never been to Canada before. I got on the plane there at 11:15 at night and arrived in London 6 hours later but on London time it was 11:15 in the morning. In London it is 6 hours later.
I want to explain this because Darius asked me "How do you get there?"
1. Cole took me to the Tulsa Airport where I flew to Chicago, Illinois.
2. I got on a different plane in Chicago and flew to Toronto, Canada.
3. In Toronto I got on another plane and flew to London. I slept some on that flight.
4. When I got to London, I went through Customs, got my suitcase and then found the Express train that took me to Paddington Station.
5. When I got off that train, I got in a cute black cab that took me to the flat where I am now. It's in a neighborhood called St. John's Wood.

My friend, Gretchen, who lives in Houston, Texas met me here. We are staying with some friends of hers who live in London. The mom, Mary, is a teacher too, and her husband works for a company in London. They have children in the USA and other parts of the world. One of their daughters is a 4th grade teacher. She first taught in Seattle, Washington, then Morroco and now in Manilla,Phillipines. It's nice having a home to stay in while we are getting used to this foreign country. Mary has helped us a lot.

3 comments:

  1. So interesting! I can't wait to hear more. I will contact your students and let them know to follow your adventure. They will be very excited to know you are finding the answers to their questions! Post pictures if you can. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're there safe and sound! can't wait to hear more

    ReplyDelete